Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter is here

A view across the valley, late afternoon sun shining through the clouds, illuminating the mists--I couldn't get over how much this view looked like an impressionistic painting. I was hoping for blue skies and nice contrast, but am so pleased with this.
The top of Mt. Si is all snow-covered and frosted.
Even the firs are completely flocked.

Amazingly, we have more snow in our neighborhood than they do 3 miles down the road in town. I think it has something to do with how we are situated behind the curve of the mountain--it acts like a moisture trap. We get more rain, and in the winter when the conditions are right--more snow!

8 comments:

Debby said...

Beautiful shots! Very Christmasy

Penny said...

You're right the first photo looks like a painting... almost too beautiful to be real! I love the snow covered mountains, too. I've never seen pines "flocked" IRL!! LOL!! Your little corner of the world... is AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas!!

Tracy said...

So beautiful....looks like Christmas can arrive! The blue skies are stunning.

Shannon said...

I know that your must be freezing, and all that snow..must make it for crazy driving...yikes!
The pathway is beautiful Pat. And those mountains are to die for.
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas

Jackie's Shot said...

Oh my that first shot just catches my breath. Just awesome Pat. ~Jackie

Sharon said...

Beautiful captures!

PierKiss said...

Oh my gosh those are so pretty! My favorites are the 1st and the last. They just look so peaceful.

Joanne said...

Hi Pat, I just love to see your talent displayed. You have quite the eye for a beautiful picture. I am so glad that Rick is doing better. We think of you often, so sorry we don't talk more often. Merry Christmas! Joanne & Dave