Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Winter Falls

A little trace of snow, and lots of ice on the far side of the Falls, plus early morning sun shining through the mist...doesn't get much prettier than this!
I love the contrast here--the warm tones in the upper left combined with the cool darker tones of the base of the Falls.

The rocks on the far side of the Falls were covered with icicles. It almost looked like Victorian fringe--everything was in deep shadow down at the base, and this hasn't been tweaked for color--it did look that blue and that cold!

5 comments:

periwinkle eye images said...

Oh, I LOVE #s 3, and 4. The contrasts of near and far ice, and the 'color' of winter here are both astounding! Almost makes me want to get out of my photo funk and go there. ML

KRISTIE said...

I love the third one with the ice, amazing

Kristina said...

Wow, these are gorgeous. That last one is so striking!

Michelle said...

wow, the ice in that last shot is incredible!

Meaghan said...

These are awesome! I love the last one, it looks so cold.