Sunday, November 02, 2008

Leaf drops

After another week back in the hospital, Rick is home and doing much better. Today while he was taking a nap I went out between raindrops to capture a few refractions, and reflections, before all the leaves are gone. Our rainy season is hitting with a vengeance; I am hoping we get some snow, or at least frost, this year!!


I just couldn't resist the way this Japanese maple leaf was resting, tips only, on the driveway. The reflection was just too fun to pass up.



11 comments:

Tracy said...

Love that leaf Pat-resembles a dancer en pointe I think-great eye!

Sharon said...

Beautiful! And I think the leaf looks more like a monster's paw. Must be too much halloween candy. ;)

Jackie's Shot said...

Beautiful pictures. That leaf is awesome. ~Jackie

Suzy said...

Glad Rick is home and I'm still keeping him in my prayers! These are gorgeous captures! Nice work Pat!

Penny said...

WHAT happened??? He was back in the hospital!! OMGoodness! I hope this time he's home to stay!! Love your shots, too... but you knew that!! LOL!

Shannon said...

I can't get on peas...???
But i'm sure these are your macros!
Love the spider leaf...how cool is that ! Love the reflections in your drops...you are the Queen :)
Hope Rick is doing better

Michelle said...

oh wow! that last one is amazing! it reminds me of a big spider. love the color.

Anonymous said...

Oh I didn't know he went back to the hospital...I will be thinking of you guys!

I love that last leaf shot! LOVE IT!
Cari

Erin said...

Your water drop pictures always amaze me. I have tried and tried to copy those shots, but I just can't. :(

Regina said...

A week back in the hospital? You are both in my prayers daily. I am glad he is home again.

Joanne said...

Pat, I just love your pictures. You are able to capture such great shots. Great job. Hang in there. I'm thinking of you! Joanne