Sunday, April 29, 2007

Assignment: Lines

I looked for lines in nature. Man-made lines are easy to find. I'd rather look for something small and overlooked.
Douglas firs in the forest are perfect examples of straight lines.
A spiderweb consists of straight and curved lines--this one is embellished with dew.
I love the veins in these perennial geraniums--dark lines against the light.
Cannas have the most fantastic lines and stripes on their leaves!
Zion National Park--this bluff of Navajo sandstone looks as if it has been pleated. There are lines going in all directions.

3 comments:

periwinkle eye said...

Oh, do your lines ever show! My favorites are the cannas leaf and the mighty scritches in the rocks cliffs, as if those bluffs were built from giant matchsticks! You do have great lines, lady!

heidster said...

that cannas leaf is unbelievable! It doesn't look real.

Erin said...

These are all great too. You always have great pictures.